Pirates Peek Cottage

Portugal Cove St Philips NL, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

#24852
Nightly $200
Weekly $1200
Minimum Nights Stay 2
Contact owner

Description

Basic details

Bedrooms 3

Bathrooms 1

Sleeps 5

On Water Water Access

Water Type Ocean

Pets Allowed No

Smoking Allowed No

Family Friendly

Exposure West

Water Details Deep

Winterized

Fireplace

Satellite

TV

BBQ

Wheelchair Accessible

About the cottage

Pirate’s Peek Cottage – “Take in the View, Take Home the Memories”

 

Imagine sitting with your morning coffee looking out over the splendid blue ocean and breathing in the clean refreshing saltwater air while enjoying the playfulness of humpback whales and porpoise as majestic icebergs slip slowly by or stand watch at the head of the bay, basking in the sun. You’ll get all this and more at Pirates Peek Cottage.

 

Pirate’s Peek gets its name from a community legend which tells the story of how pirates once vacated the property.  Situated on one of the
highest points in St. Phillips with a panoramic view of Conception Bay, it offered an excellent vantage point for Pirates to keep watch over ships
entering the bay.  The house, it is said, was built with pirate money and treasure and was constructed mostly of oak with window sills of marble. The original house was destroyed by fire on Guy Fawkes night in 1962.  However, ruins of the concrete steps and pillars that once led up to the front of the majestic house still remain.

Pirates Peek is tastefully decorated and furnished for comfort, convenience, and style and is fully equipped with everything you could possibly need in a tranquil and cozy home away from home.  Lounge upon the plentiful comfy furnishings while relaxing in front of the cozy inviting fireplace. Enjoy the spectacular panoramic ocean view and beautiful vibrant sunsets from the large front deck, from wall to wall windows in the large living room, and from your bed in the master (queen) bedroom…all west facing.  Enjoy your morning coffee/tea and morning and evening meals on the private east facing back patio or the west facing front deck while keeping an eye out for whales, porpoise and ice bergs (June to early July most opportune time for viewing icebergs).

 

With its fabulous ocean view, large fully appointed eat-in kitchen, large lounging area with generous seating, ample parking, and approximately 1/2 acre grassy outdoor recreation area, Pirates Peek would be an ideal venue for outdoor group functions. Situated in a private peaceful country setting yet conveniently located with many services and amenities nearby, Pirate’s Peek Cottage is ideal accommodations for honeymooners, corporate stays, family vacations or for anyone that desires a private, peaceful getaway vacation in a pristine setting while providing all the amenities to ensure a pleasant stay.

 

Body Of Water

Conception Bay

Rates

NightlyWeekendLong WeekendWeeklyMonthlyMinimum Stay
Jun 25, 2016 to Sep 05, 2016

High Season Rates

$ 200.00--$ 1,200.00$ 4,600.002 Nights
Oct 11, 2016 to May 19, 2017

Regular Rates

----$ 2,500.002 Nights
May 20, 2016 to Jun 24, 2016

Low Season Rates

---$ 1,200.00-2 Nights
Additional Information

All rates listed are for the entire 3 bedroom cottage.

Rates are quoted in Canadian currency and are subject to 13% sales tax.

Bookings available on a nightly, weekly, or monthly basis.

 

Check-in: 3:00pm
Check-out: 11:00am


2 night minumum stay required at the above rates.

1 night accommdation available at the rate of $250. per night.

All rates are based on 5 person occupancy...extra guests will be charged $20. per person per night or $100. per person per week.

 

Policies:


Deposit & Cancellation:

We require a 25% deposit upon booking and is non-refundable if cancellation is less then 30 days from arrival.  The remaining 75% will be charged at check-in and is non-refundable.

Damages:

Customer assumes full responsibilty for damages. Any damage incurred to the cottage and/or contents will result in an additional fee.

Terms:

Pirate's Peek Cottage shall not be liable to any guest or invitee of a guest for any lost, damage or destruction to any personal property brought onto or into the premises. Personal property shall include any personal effects and motor vehicles parked on the premises.

By accepting these terms you agree to pay all charges incurred to you during your stay at Pirate's Peek Cottage and authorize any additional costs as outlined above which will be added to the method of payment chosen.

 

Note that Pirate's Peek Cottage is smoke free accommodations, however smoking is allowed outside.

Owner Cancellation Policy

Deposit & Cancellation:

We require a 25% deposit upon booking and is non-refundable if cancellation is less then 30 days from arrival.  The remaining 75% will be charged at check-in and is non-refundable.

Amenities

Beds
  • 1 Double Bed
  • Linens Provided
  • 1 Queen Bed
  • 1 Single Bed
  • Towels Provided
General Living Area
  • Dryer
  • DVD
  • Fireplace
  • Internet
  • Satellite
  • Stereo
  • TV
  • Washer
Kitchen
  • Coffee Maker
  • Dishes and Cutlery
  • Dishwasher
  • Drinkable Water Source
  • Fridge
  • Microwave
  • Pot and Pans
  • Stove
  • Toaster
Outdoor
  • Barbecue Grill
  • Outdoor Furniture

Availability

August 2022
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
September 2022
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30

Available

Not available

Map

Reviews

No reviews for this listing

rates
contact owner

about the owner